For years I wondered what it was like to be Mother Theresa. To help those living in grim poverty and minister to children who are barefoot and have no water to drink. I knew if I could replicate even the smallest fraction of Mother Theresa, I would be loved.
Pretty impressive? Yeah, right.
The real Anka is a bundle of paradoxes and contradictions. I love and I hate. I feel good about feeling good. I feel guilty for feeling guilty. I’m trusting but I’m suspicious. I’m honest but I like to play games. That’s just part of my story, but it is not the whole story.
Today is a new chapter. It is the first Monday of 2013. A season of fresh starts. As such, I have partnered with and to launch a campaign that encapsulates the idea of second chances.
PROJECT OPTIMISM is about having HOPE even when things appear impossible. Ergo monkey trying to catch a two ton elephant.
Going forward, I will dedicate Mondays to a post about OPTIMISM. I figure I could devote at least one day to being positive. Plus, like my friend Becca says, “negativity is unattractive.” It’s true. No one wants to hang out with Negative Nancy for long. A bad attitude is so unbecoming. Kindness is what’s really attractive. And self-pity, well, self-pity is good for nothing.
At some point everyone needs to swallow a dose of happy!
As for me, on this day, I choose to see my glass half full. To see the world with lots of potential. To be a lover of JOY! That doesn’t mean life will be reduced to rainbows and butterflies. It just means there is hope for tomorrow.
Do you think it’s time for a dose of HAPPY?
If you’re interested in spreading A TON OF HOPE, here’s what you need to do:
- Write about something that makes you feel optimistic. It could be a bowl of ice cream that causes you to beam with joy. Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia has done it for me on occasion. Whatever it is, write from your heart.
- Post MONDAYS. Start the week off with a positive outlook.
- Grab a badge by going to your dashboard and clicking the IMAGE widget. Adjust pic size 200h x 200w. The image URL: ()
- Send me a link to your Optimism post in the comment section. Link over here and invite blogger friends to join in.
- Encourage the person who linked up before you. Kindness is contagious!