For years I wondered what it was like to be Mother Theresa. To help those living in grim poverty and minister to children who are barefoot and have no water to drink. I knew if I could replicate even the smallest fraction of Mother Theresa, I would be loved.
Pretty impressive? Yeah, right.
The real Anka is a bundle of paradoxes and contradictions. I love and I hate. I feel good about feeling good. I feel guilty for feeling guilty. I’m trusting but I’m suspicious. I’m honest but I like to play games. That’s just part of my story, but it is not the whole story.
Today is a new chapter. It is the first Monday of 2013. A season of fresh starts. As such, I have partnered with My Life is the Best Life and When Crazy Meets Exhaustion to launch a campaign that encapsulates the idea of second chances.
PROJECT OPTIMISM is about having HOPE even when things appear impossible. Ergo monkey trying to catch a two ton elephant.
Going forward, I will dedicate Mondays to a post about OPTIMISM. I figure I could devote at least one day to being positive. After all, no one wants to hang out with Negative Nancy for long. A bad attitude is so unbecoming and can often weigh you down. I personally find kindness attractive. And, let’s face it, everyone could swallow a dose of happy at some point.
As for me, on this day, I choose to see my glass half full. To see the world with potential. To be a lover of JOY! That doesn’t mean life will be reduced to rainbows and butterflies. It just means there is hope for tomorrow.
Do you think it’s time for a dose of HAPPY?
- Write about something that makes you feel optimistic. It could be a bowl of ice cream that causes you to beam with joy. Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia has done it for me on occasion. Whatever it is, write from your heart.
- Post MONDAYS or whenever you feel inspired.
- Grab a badge by going to your dashboard and clicking the IMAGE widget. Adjust pic size 200h x 200w. The image URL: (http://keepingitrealmom.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/project-optimism.jpg)
- Send me a link to your Optimism post in the comment section. Link over here and invite blogger friends to join in.
- Encourage the person who linked up before you. Kindness is contagious!